It Begins... LDS Guitar Music for All!!!
- Info if you would be interested in being a part of this project
- An Overview of the sections we are building on this site.
- See the new Updates Page for the current status of the project
Want to Help?
Current Tasks to Contribute:
Legal Advice: Anyone familiar with the copyright laws regarding music and lyrics. We would like to publish a guide for peopel to understand where they can leagally perform and reprint this music. Also, we want a guide for this site to know what can an cannot be posted on this site. If you are familiar with the laws and regulations and would like to contribure your knowledge to that guide please send an email to "contribute" "at" "ldsguitar.com" (I typed it in this format to minimize spambots, the at is an @ sign in the email)
Guitarists: If you have a verson of an LDS Hymn and would like to share it with the world then let us know via the email "submit" "at" "ldsguitar.com" (Again, I typed it in this format to minimize spambots, the at is an @ sign in the email)
Website Programmers: This will be a never ending project. If you are interested in tossing in some work to push it along let us know at the same email as above... "submit" "at" "ldsguitar.com"
The Overview So Far...
Here is a list of current features we plan on having...
- All Hyms, Childrens Music, and some other traditional Songs. For each hymn have a chord version and a solor performance versino. Multiple versions of each style will be accepted.
- Formats will include a text or pdf printable format and an mp3 and / or midi format for each song.
- Contributions can be made in any format and we will make the other formats.
- A series of lessions to learn to play the guitar using the hymns.
A collection of other guitar and performance resorces including performance ideas, lesson ideas, legal usage guides.
- An artists page to post a bio and promote yoruself if you have contributed a song.
- Eventually we may get into the whole social stream, but that woudl be after all the other modules were up and runnign and there was feedback that it was wanted.
So please feel free to contact us at the contribute email above if you are interesed in anything.
I exptect this to be a two year project as I have a couple more semesters left from my journey back to school and have very limited free time. Plus, there is only so much time when the kids arent around to play with. They get first dibs on free time!